Buffalo Point First Nation Chief and Council has been closely following all developments regarding COVID-19. We will be following Public Health requirements set out by the government of Manitoba.
Please review the following website for more information.
The health and safety of our guests, employees and community are our top priority in this uncertain time. Please visit www.buffalopoint.ca for any updates within Buffalo Point.
In response to the province’s April 29 Restoring Safe Services Plan please find BPFN Phase I Reopening Plan effective immediately.
*Fawnway Park currently closed for construction improvements.*
Buffalo Point Cabin Rentals
• Users must bring the following items for their stay:
• Dishes cutlery, and cups
• Linen, sheets, blankets, pillow cases (Lakefront + Lakeview – queen size bedding, Resort Centre – twin bedding)
• Bath towels and tea towels
• Hand sanitizer and personal hygiene products
• Limited cooking utensils, a pot and a pan will be available.
• Cabins will be opened for booking after May 14.
• We are practicing a no contact check-in/check-out policy; this means we will be taking payment via phone (204)437-2777 and charging your booking at that time. There is no need to check in at the Resort Centre, your keys will be left in your cabin.
• Daily cleaning and towel service will be suspended until further notice.
• Extra sanitizing of cabins will be implemented after a guest has checked out.
• There is a maximum of four people per cabin at this time.
• To limit contact and ensure staff and patron safety, we will not be providing daily turnaround service on your cabin during your stay.
Lake of the Sandhills Golf (Updated June 10, 2020)
Provincial guidelines, legislation and fines apply while on Lake of the Sandhills Property and must be strictly adhered to. Anyone failing to comply with social distancing or any of the restrictions in place will be subject to removal from the property, golf course membership revoked without refund and/or the RCMP will be notified.
Your attention to these guidelines will help ensure the safety of all members, guests, and staff. The guidelines may change and be updated as further phases from the provincial government are implemented.
• Tee times MUST be booked in advance by the public and golf course members, NO EXCEPTIONS. Walk-on tee times will not be available until further notice; you must have a pre-booked tee time to play golf at Lake of the Sandhills
• Maximum 3 customers allowed inside the Resort Center at the same time with a minimum 2-meter distancing. Floor markers have been added to assist with distancing
• Please follow the signage regarding the entrance and exit areas of the Golf Course check-in and the Fire and Water Bistro
• Hand sanitizer available at entrance/exit for public and staff use
• Tap debit and credit card payment is preferred. Cash transactions will be limited.
• Please practice social distancing (a minimum of 2 meters) among the members of your group and all other people at the golf course
• No more than 4 golfers per group, NO EXCEPTIONS
• Rental golf clubs will not be permitted
• Two golfers per cart with their equipment is accepted
• Golfers should arrive no earlier than 10 minutes prior to the scheduled tee time
• Score cards and pencils will be provided on your power cart rental or at the check-in desk
• Congregations will not be permitted on the property and/or the parking lots
• Power cart users must return cart to designated cart return area and remove ALL garbage from their cart prior to exiting
• The group ahead MUST be off the green before teeing off
• Only touch your own personal items-this includes golf balls, clubs, and golf bags
• High contact areas such as ball washers and bunker rakes have been removed
• Flag sticks are to remain in the cups and not to be touched
• Handshakes, high fives, and any other touching gestures are not permitted before, during and after your round
• On course washrooms will be open and will be frequently disinfected
• Please wash and sanitize your hands frequently
• If you are experiencing symptoms of such as, but not limited to, cough and fever or have been in contact with anyone who is not feeling well, please refrain from visiting Lake of the Sandhills Golf Course
• Only Manitoba residents who have not left the province in at least 14 days and/or non-residents who have self isolated for 14 days after arriving in Manitoba will be permitted to golf at Lake of the Sandhills
• Marshalls and golf course staff will monitor for compliance, those found in breach of the rules and regulations will be dealt with accordingly
Buffalo Point Resort Centre/Fire and Water Bistro and Lounge
• The resort centre/restaurant/lounge/patio will reopen for service Wednesday to Sunday, 11am to 9pm at 50% capacity.
• All guests must enter the restaurant/lounge/patio from the guided rope lines to the secondary entrance of the resort centre.
• Please do not seat yourself. There are markers on the ground for guests to follow until a server or host/ess can seat you at a designated table.
• We strongly encourage payment via credit card or debit card.
• The menu at the Fire and Water bistro will be condensed to the classic grub/shareables/main event sections.
• Take-out orders will be available for pickup at a designated curbside area by the side of the resort centre. Please follow signage to appropriate parking spot.
• Please visit www.buffalopoint.ca/menu for your food options. There will be disposable menus for guests who do not have access to the online menu.
• All guests must be seated at a table for their visit, mingling or standing while be served is prohibted.
• Extra sanitization measures will be implemented, please be patient and allow our staff to properly clean an area before seating.
• The VLT room will be open as of June 24, 2020.
Buffalo Bay Camping
• We are practicing a no contact check-in/check-out policy; this means we will be taking payment via phone (204)437-2402. There is no need to check in to the marina/store.
• Tenters are now welcome to camp.
• Bathrooms and showers are now open.
• Please bring your own toilet paper and other hygiene products.
Buffalo Bay Marina and Convenience Store
• Hours are Monday to Friday – 9 am to 5pm, Sunday 12pm to 5pm.
• The staff will assist you with your order.
• Please call (204)437-2402 for more information.
** Fishing Licenses are now available to purchase online for your convenience (https://www.manitobaelicensing.ca/licensing.page)
Buffalo Point Health
• All business conducted will be by appointment only. Please call (204)437-3001 for more information.
• Check Buffalo Point First Nation Health & Wellness Facebook for updates and summer planning (https://www.facebook.com/buffalopointhealth/)
Buffalo Point Administration/Museum
• Closed to the public until further notice.
• All bill payments, with the exception of property taxes, can be made over the phone (204)437-2777 or use drop box located outside the building.
Buffalo Point Maintenance
• Hours are 8am to 4pm, Monday to Friday.
• Services and job will be limited and prioritised by needs and safety
• Please call (204)437-2688
We will continue to monitor progress and will update information as plans change.
We remind all people who have been travelling outside of Manitoba to please respect the 14-day self-isolation upon your return to Buffalo Point.
Buffalo Point would like to thank people for their patronage, patience, support and understanding during these times.
It is our Social Responsibility to do our part in minimizing the risk to ourselves, our families, our colleagues and our neighbors.
We at BPFN take the Manitoba Health requirements very seriously.
Failure to comply with these requirements could result in visitors being asked to leave and/or provincial penalties.