2017-02-23 - Despite the warm weather, the ice is still good on the bay. There is little snow left on the ice. They are starting to pick up a few out front, in the deep water, and at the finger. They are biting on gold and chartreuse.
2017 Ice Fishing & Stay Packages
Lakeview Cabins: Standard
|2 people||$213 per person|
|3 people||$175 per person|
|4 people||$157 per person|
Lakefront Cabins: Luxury
|2 people||$247 per person|
|3 people||$198 per person|
|4 people||$173 per person|
*All packages based on 4 people per one cabin; all prices reflect taxes.
*Weekend and weekday rates are based on 2 nights stay & 2 days guided fishing including: transportation to and from a heated, lit, and pre-drilled shack, 2-way radios, and bait.
Fishing for the Day
Full Day - $60 per person - There's a 3 person minimum per house.
Half Day - $50 per person - There's a 3 person minimum per house.
Extra Holes - Each additional hole drilled outside of the house is $2.
What Fishermen Need to Bring
Rod & reel, tackle, tip ups, and fishing licenses.
Inquire for pricing.
Have Your Fish House Pulled Out for You
North End of the Sand Bar (7 miles) - $150 each way
Poplar / Finger (3 miles) - $100 each way
East Shore (1 ½ miles) - $75 each way
For reservations call the Marina at (204) 437-2402 or e-mail email@example.com
Thank you to all the participants for making the year's derby a success & congratulations to all the winners! See you next year!
Early Bird: John Peters
- 1st Derek Sabourin 20 ¾”
- 2nd Simon Mailloux 19 ¾”
- 3rd Stacey Seidler 16 ½”
- 1st Josh Goodman 33”
- 2nd Faron Sigurdson 24 ½”
- 3rd Collette Charmaine draw
- 1st Jordan Jolicoeur 13 ¼”
- 2nd Jordan Jolicoeur 12 ¾”
- 3rd Bryan Hiebert 12 ¼”
Participation Prize: Warren Doerksen
- Otter XT Pro Cabin John Peters
- $25 Dollar General Gift Certificate donated by Dollar General Dana Sabourin
- Rapala Electric Fillet Knife Rick Coulombe
- Sunflower Heater donated by Prairie Propane Murray Machej
- $25 Holiday Gift Certificate donated by Holiday Shawn Goodman
- Tackle Package donated by Cenex of Warroad Paul Leverington
- $25 Caribou Coffee Gift Certificate donated by Doug's Supermarket James Bernard
- $25 Doug's Gift Certificate donated by Doug's Supermarket Jared Vogt
- Cuddeback Trail Camera Chasity Thunder Anderson
- $25 Warroad Municipal Liquor Store Gift Certificate donated by Warroad Municipal Liquor Store Gary Gebhardt
- 1 night Standard Room donated by Seven Clans Casino Warroad Bill Sawka
- Lowrance Hook 3x Sonar donated by Streiff's Sporting Goods Jody Cadieux
- Fire Extinguisher and First Aid Kit donated by ABC Fire Jocelynn Thunder
- $20 Dining Gift Certificate donated by Seven Clans Casino Warroad Collette Courcelles
- Coleman Extreme 5 Cooler donated by Marvin Home Center Albert Fillon
- $50 Gift Certificate to Countryside Tire donated by Countryside Tire Katie Maynard
- Budweiser Jacket donated by Labatt Tavis Magne
- Chair and Survival Kit Carmen Couchard
- 1 Day Fishing for 4 Alyce Stokke
- Ladies Zip up and Thermal Cup donated by Grunthal Lumber Curtis Boutilier
- Jacket and Toque donated by Grunthal Lumber Thor Snidak
- Ladies Zip up and Thermal Cup donated by Grunthal Lumber Jack Romaniuk
- Jacket and Toque donated by Grunthal Lumber Gil Maynard
- BBQ Utensil Set and Powerbank with Speaker donated by Piney Financial Ron Phillips
- 2 Green Fees donated by Lake of the Sandhills Golf Course Jack Martens
- 50" Samsung Smart TV Colin Philippot