Join our Growing Community!
After discovering Buffalo Point and all it has to offer, many people make the choice to call it home! Our diverse and growing community is made up of both seasonal and year-round residents.
Whether it’s golfing, fishing or the beautiful sandy beaches that brings you here, there’s so much more to make you want to stay:
- Year round maintenance services (including road clearing)
- Volunteer Fire Dept.
- R.C.M.P. patrolled
- Close proximity to Warroad, Minnesota (Medical Facilities, shopping & more!)
- Close proximity to Sprague, Manitoba (Health Clinic, Service Canada, Post Office)
- Fun community events (Buffalo Days, fishing derby, golf tournaments, health sessions)
- Employment opportunities
If you are interested in joining our community, we invite you to visit our Real Estate page.
Cottage Maintenance Services
The following services are available from the Development Corporation at Buffalo Point.
- Lawn Care Services
- Tree Removal
- Stump Grinding
- Snow Removal
- Aggregate materials/ Top Soil Gravel, a-base fill etc.
To find out more information about these services please call Rudy at 204-437-2688.
Property Tax Policy
Buffalo Point has had property taxation since 2012. The mill rate for 2015 is 18.6. In 2015, the average tax amount for a 'residential class 1' property is $1,378.88.
Should you be interested in learning more about the legislative framework, the please visit the website of the First Nations Taxation Commission.