Buffalo Point First Nation Covid-19 Pandemic Response
Updated February 11, 2021 (Originally Posted November 15, 2020)
Buffalo Point First Nation wishes to assure all guests, employees, families, and community residents we are taking this Covid-19 pandemic seriously and your health and safety remains our top priority.
To appropriately plan and respond to the current Covid-19 pandemic, a Communicable Disease Emergency Planning & Response Team has been established with Linda Green – Health Director and Lynn Prevost R.N. B.N. HCC Nurse Coordinator appointed as co-coordinators. The team meets regularly and Lynn & Linda participate in regional health, provincial, and First Nation Inuit & Health Branch (FNIHB) collaborative meetings to ensure we are up to date and implementing actions based on best practice, scientific evidence, and Public health orders/advice.
Going forward, Buffalo Point will provide Covid-19 community specific updates and important information as needed on the following IT platforms:
- Buffalo Point Health Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/buffalopointmb/
- Buffalo Point Health Instagram at https://www.instagram.com/bphealth_2020/
- Buffalo Point First Nation Website at buffalopoint-firstnation.ca
- Buffalo Point Resort Website at buffalopoint.ca
- Buffalo Point Resort Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/buffalopointmb/
- Buffalo Point Instagram at https://www.instagram.com/buffalopointmb/
Should you have any questions or wish additional information in regard to Buffalo Point’s Covid-19 pandemic plan please contact:
- Lynn or Linda (for Covid-19 health & social support questions) phone: 204-437-3001
- Danette (for Covid-19 administrative questions not related to health or social support) phone: 204-437-2133
COVID-19 Provincial Response Level Critical: Code Red with Declining Health Restrictions
Please be reminded that Buffalo Point First Nations is implementing provincial Public Health orders including fundamental prevention and safety measures.
As we are all in this together, Please join us in helping to decease the transmission of this virus in our community by:
- Refraining from visiting Buffalo Point if you have travelled outside of Manitoba and/or Canada or been in contact with anyone diagnosed with or isolating due to Covid-19 in the last 14 days.
- Staying at home if you or any member of your family is ill and getting tested for Covid-19 as soon as possible after symptoms appear.
- Socializing in your household with only two designated people, or five people outdoors (not including household members).
- Practicing social distancing indoors and outdoors.
- Wearing non medical masks in indoor public places at all times, and outdoors as well, especially if you are not able to maintain a six foot distance from non household members.
- Washing your hands frequently and thoroughly and practicing cough etiquette.
- Travelling only for essential purposes/services.
Additional information on Public Health recommendations and orders can be found at: https://www.gov.mb.ca/covid19/.
Please note failure to comply with these safety measures could result in penalty and/or fine as set by the Province of Manitoba.
Thanking you in advance for your patience and cooperation as we maneuver through these trying and unprecedented times!
Stay Safe & Stay Healthy
Fire & Water Bistro – Restaurant + Lounge
Buffalo Point Cabin Rentals
• Front Desk Horus of Operation: Wednesday – Sunday: 12pm to 4pm
• Please call 204-437-2777 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for service
• Users must bring the following items for their stay:
• Dishes cutlery, and cups
• Hand sanitizer and personal hygiene products
• Limited cooking utensils, a pot and a pan will be available.
• We are practicing a no contact check-in/check-out policy; this means we will be taking payment via phone (204)437-2777 and charging your booking at that time. There is no need to check in at the Resort Centre, your keys will be left in your cabin.
• Extra sanitizing of cabins will be implemented after a guest has checked out.
• There is a maximum of four people per cabin at this time.
• To limit contact and ensure staff and patron safety, we will not be entering your cabin during your stay to provide a daily turndown service (towel exchange, garbage disposal, touchup cleaning etc…).
Lake of the Sandhills Golf
• The Lake of the Sandhills Golf Course is now closed for the season. Thank you for your support.
Buffalo Bay Camping
• The Buffalo Bay Campground is now closed for the season. Thank you for your support.
Buffalo Bay Marina and Convenience Store
• Hours are posted below this COVID-19 statement..
• Please call (204)437-2402 for more information.
** Fishing & Hunting Licenses are now available to purchase online for your convenience (https://www.manitobaelicensing.ca/licensing.page)
Buffalo Point Health & Wellness
• All business conducted will be by appointment only. Please call (204)437-3001 for more information.
• Masks are required during all appointments at the Buffalo Point Health building.
• Thank you for providing and wearing your own mask during your appointment.
• Check Buffalo Point First Nation Health & Wellness Facebook for updates (https://www.facebook.com/buffalopointhealth/).
Buffalo Point Administration/Museum
• Closed to the public until further notice.
• Masks are required for anybody entering the building, staff and otherwise.
• Thank you for providing and wearing your own mask.
• All bill payments, with the exception of property taxes, can be made over the phone (204)437-2777 or use drop box located outside the building.
Buffalo Point Maintenance
• Access to the Buffalo Point Maintenance Shop is closed to the public until further notice.
• Please call (204)437-2688 to arrange for services.
• Hours of operation are 8am to 4pm, Monday to Friday.
• Services and job will be limited and prioritized by needs and safety
Outdoor Recreation Activities
Skating rink and toboggan slide are open. Please follow social distancing wherever possible.