Buffalo Point First Nation Covid-19 Pandemic Response
Updated July 16, 2021
Buffalo Point First Nation wishes to assure all guests, employees, families, and community residents we are taking this Covid-19 pandemic seriously and your health and safety remains our top priority.
To appropriately plan and respond to the current Covid-19 pandemic, a Communicable Disease Emergency Planning & Response Team was established with Linda Green – Health Manager and Lynn Prevost R.N. B.N. HCC Nurse Coordinator appointed as co-coordinators. The team meets regularly and Lynn & Linda participate in regional health, provincial, and First Nation Inuit & Health Branch (FNIHB) collaborative meetings to ensure we are up to date and implementing measures based on best practice, scientific evidence, and Public health orders/advice.
Buffalo Point will continue to provide Covid-19 community specific updates and important information as needed on the following IT platforms:
- Buffalo Point Health Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/buffalopointmb/
- Buffalo Point Health Instagram at https://www.instagram.com/bphealth_2020/
- Buffalo Point First Nation Website at buffalopoint-firstnation.ca
- Buffalo Point Resort Website at buffalopoint.ca
- Buffalo Point Resort Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/buffalopointmb/
- Buffalo Point Instagram at https://www.instagram.com/buffalopointmb/
Should you have any questions or wish additional information in regard to Buffalo Point’s Covid-19 pandemic plan please contact:
- Lynn or Linda (for Covid-19 health & social support questions) phone: 204-437-3001
- Danette (for Covid-19 administrative questions not related to health or social support) phone: 204-437-2133
Covid-19 Provincial Response Level Lowered to Code Orange (Restricted)
Please be reminded that Buffalo Point First Nations is implementing provincial Public Health orders including fundamental prevention and safety measures.
As we are all in this together, please join us in helping to decease the transmission of this virus in our community by:
- Refraining from visiting Buffalo Point if you have travelled outside of Manitoba and/or Canada or been in contact with anyone diagnosed with or isolating due to Covid-19 if you have not received 2 doses of the Covid-19 vaccine with the second dose being at least 14 days ago.
- Staying at home if you or any member of your family is ill and/or getting tested for Covid-19.
- Having no more than 5 visitors IN your home/cottage/cabin in addition to those who regularly reside there.
- Limiting visitors to your private property/campsite OUTDOORS to no more than 25 people including those who reside in your home.
- Practicing social distancing indoors and outdoors.
- Wearing non-medical masks in indoor public places at all times, and outdoors if you are not able to maintain a six-foot distance from non household members.
- Obtaining your first and second Covid-19 vaccines as soon as possible.
- Washing your hands frequently and thoroughly and practicing cough etiquette.
- Travelling only for essential purposes/services.
- Following Public Health orders if you have travelled or have been identified as a Covid-19 contact.
Additional Information on Public Health recommendations and orders can be found at: https://www.gov.mb.ca/covid19/.
Please note failure to comply with these safety measures could result in penalty and/or fine as set by the Province of Manitoba.
Thanking you in advance for your patience and cooperation as we maneuver through these trying and unprecedented times!
Stay Safe & Stay Healthy
Fire & Water Bistro – Restaurant + Lounge
- Hours are posted below this COVID-19 statement.
- Indoor dining: 50 per cent capacity; only household members will be allowed to sit together unless all people at the table are fully vaccinated with 2 vaccinations with the last vaccine being administered at least 14 earlier. Proof of vaccinations is required. (Exception: Children 12 and under may accompany others at a table as long as all those eligible to be vaccinated are).
- Patio dining: 50 per cent capacity. Tables will be limited to 4-6 people, but they do not have to be from the same household.
- VLT Gaming Room open with limited capacity. 2 metres of distancing required. Only patrons playing a VLT are permitted in the VLT room, no spectators.
- Food purchase not required to consume alcohol.
Buffalo Point Cabin Rentals
- Maximum of 4 people per cabin, can be from different households.
• Front Desk hours are posted below this COVID-19 statement.
• No more than 25 people gathering on cabin property.
• Please call 204-437-2777 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for service
• Users must bring the following items for their stay:
• Dishes cutlery, and cups
• Hand sanitizer and personal hygiene products
• Limited cooking utensils, a pot and a pan will be available.
• We are practicing a no contact check-in/check-out policy; this means we will be taking payment via phone (204)437-2777 and charging your booking at that time. There is no need to check in at the Resort Centre, your keys will be left in your cabin.
• Extra sanitizing of cabins will be implemented after a guest has checked out.
• To limit contact and ensure staff and patron safety, we will not be entering your cabin during your stay to provide a daily turndown service (towel exchange, garbage disposal, touch-up cleaning etc…).
Lake of the Sandhills Golf
- Hours are posted below this COVID-19 statement.
- Provincial guidelines, legislation and fines apply while on Lake of the Sandhills Property and must be strictly adhered to. Anyone failing to comply with social distancing or any of the restrictions in place will be subject to removal from the property, golf course membership revoked without refund and/or the RCMP will be notified. Your attention to these guidelines will help ensure the safety of all members, guests, and staff. The guidelines may change and be updated as further public health orders from the provincial government are implemented.
- Maximum 3 customers allowed inside the Resort Center at the same time with a minimum 2-meter distancing. Floor markers have been added to assist with distancing
- Please follow the signage regarding the entrance and exit areas of the Golf Course check-in and the Fire and Water Bistro
- Hand sanitizer available at entrance/exit for public and staff use
- Tap debit and credit card payment is preferred. Cash transactions will be limited.
- Please practice social distancing (a minimum of 2 meters) among the members of your group and all other people at the golf course
- Rental golf clubs will not be permitted
- Golfers should arrive no earlier than 10 minutes prior to the scheduled tee time
- Score cards and pencils will be provided on your power cart rental or at the check-in desk
- Power cart users must return cart to designated cart return area and remove ALL garbage from their cart prior to exiting
- Each group is not to tee off prior to their scheduled tee time
- Only touch your own personal items-this includes golf balls, clubs, and golf bags
- High contact areas such as ball washers and bunker rakes have been removed
- Flag sticks are to remain in the cups and not to be touched
- Handshakes, high fives, and any other touching gestures are not permitted before, during and after your round
- On course washrooms will be open and will be frequently disinfected
- Please wash and sanitize your hands frequently
- If you are experiencing symptoms of such as, but not limited to, cough and fever or have been in contact with anyone who is not feeling well, please refrain from visiting Lake of the Sandhills Golf Course.
- Only those who have received 2 doses of the Covid-19 vaccine with the second dose being at least 14 days ago and/or those who are exempt or have completed a 14 day self-isolate (quarantine) as per Public Health Order e.g. travel, close contact of positive Covid-19 case, will be permitted to golf at Lake of the Sandhills.
- Marshalls and golf course staff will monitor for compliance, those found in breach of the rules and regulations will be dealt with accordingly.
Buffalo Bay Camping
- No Contact check-in will be put into effect. Your credit will be charged on day of check-in.
- There is no need to check-in at the Marina Store.
- Social distancing must be followed unless from the same household
- No more than 25 people gathering on a campsite.
- No more than 150 people gathering in a public area. Gatherings are discouraged.
- Guests must bring their own toilet paper, hand sanitizer and other personal hygiene products to the campground.
- People who are travelling to a campground:
- Bring required prescription drugs and medical supplies before leaving for your stay.
- Gas up before leaving your home area.
- Pack out what was packed in; leave no trace of your stay.
- Avoid using local health providers unless it is an emergency.
- The store is open but limited to 10 people at a time. Others must wait outside until someone exits the store.
- Garbage to be disposed of at one of the garbage bins located throughout the campground.
Buffalo Bay Marina and Convenience Store
– Limit of 10 people at a time
– Masks required while in store
– Sanitize hands upon entering
- Hours are posted below this COVID-19 statement.
• Please call (204)437-2402 for more information.
** Fishing & Hunting Licenses are now available to purchase online for your convenience (https://www.manitobaelicensing.ca/licensing.page)
Buffalo Point Health & Wellness
- All business conducted will be by appointment only. Please call (204)437-3001 for more information.
• Masks are required during all appointments at the Buffalo Point Health building.
• Thank you for providing and wearing your own mask during your appointment.
• Check Buffalo Point First Nation Health & Wellness Facebook for updates (https://www.facebook.com/buffalopointhealth/).
Buffalo Point Administration/Museum
- Closed to the public until further notice.
- Masks are required for anybody entering the building, staff and otherwise.
• Thank you for providing and wearing your own mask.
• All bill payments, with the exception of property taxes, can be made over the phone (204)437-2777 or use drop box located outside the building.
Buffalo Point Maintenance
- Access to the Buffalo Point Maintenance Shop limited. Masks required in all indoor facilities.
• Please call (204)437-2688 to arrange for services.
• Hours of operation are 8am to 4pm, Monday to Friday.
• Services and job will be limited and prioritized by needs and safety